Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The records of the Barnard College Summer School for Women Workers in Industry consist of papers and photographs relating to the Barnard College Summer School for Women Workers, a program founded in 1927 to provide summer instruction to female factory workers between the ages of 25 and 35.
Collection highlights Barnard campus labor unions and labor campaigns from 1972-2016. The collection consists of contracts and agreements between organizations and their employees, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, fliers, and memoranda from United Auto Workers (UAW) Union Local 2110 (formarly District 65). In 1996 UAW Local 2110 stiked against the college due to increasing healthcare costs. The 1996 strike is a highlight of the collection.
This collection consists of Barnard College Dean's and President's Reports. They include an overview of recent and planned developments at the college, as well as summaries of problems and proposals.
This collection consists of materials from the Barnard College Education Confrontation Club.
This collection consists of materials from the Barnard College Education Department.
This collection consists of the scrapbooks and writings of Barnard College alumna Eleanore Myers Jewett.
These records document the implementation, development, refinement, evaluation, and administration of the Freshman Seminar Program.
The Hawa Tunkara FLI Story Collection contains 25 oral histories from first-generation and/or low-income students and alums of Barnard College and Columbia University during the years of 2020-2021.
The Margaret Holland Papers includes correspondence, handbooks, publications, and clippings from Margaret Holland's time as Barnard College's Physical Education Department Chair and materials from after her retirement.
This collection consists of materials relating to both the Physical Education Department and the extracurricular Athletics Association organization. Materials include reports, calendars of events, class lists, physical exam results, Athletic Association handbooks and minutes, rules, team lists, and gym costumes.
- Barnard College 10
- Barnard College -- Alumni and alumnae 4
- Universities and colleges -- Departments 4
- Education 3
- Women's colleges -- New York (State) -- New York 3
- Adult education of women 2
- College sports 2
- Physical education and training 2
- Physical education for women 2
- Student activities 2
- Women -- Employment 2
- Women college students 2
- Annual reports 1
- Barnard College -- Employees 1
- Barnard College -- Faculty 1
- Barnard College -- History 1
- Career development 1
- Class 1
- College Students 1
- College administrators 1
- College freshman 1
- College presidents 1
- College publications 1
- College student government 1
- College theater -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Correspondence 1
- Counseling 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Economics--Sociological aspects 1
- Education, Humanistic 1
- Feminism 1
- First-generation college students 1
- Intramural sports 1
- Labor movement 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing -- United States 1
- Labor unions and education 1
- Libraries 1
- Low-income college students 1
- Mental health 1
- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1
- Questionnaires 1
- Race 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Second-wave feminism 1
- Social status 1
- Teaching 1
- Third-wave feminism 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Vocational education 1
- Women -- Services for 1
- Women in the professions -- United States 1
- Women labor union members -- United States 1
- Women's studies 1
- Working class -- Education -- United States 1
- Working class women 1 ∧ less
- Barnard College 3
- Barnard Center for Research on Women. 1
- Barnard College. Athletic Association 1
- Barnard College. Education Confrontation Club 1
- Barnard College. Physical Education Department 1