Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
This collection contains 1700+ folders of feminist ephemera collected by the Barnard Center for Research on Women on topics such as women, gender, activism, labor, sexuality, healthcare, marriage, psychology, development, and law.
The records of the Barnard College Summer School for Women Workers in Industry consist of papers and photographs relating to the Barnard College Summer School for Women Workers, a program founded in 1927 to provide summer instruction to female factory workers between the ages of 25 and 35.
Collection highlights Barnard campus labor unions and labor campaigns from 1972-2016. The collection consists of contracts and agreements between organizations and their employees, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, fliers, and memoranda from United Auto Workers (UAW) Union Local 2110 (formarly District 65). In 1996 UAW Local 2110 stiked against the college due to increasing healthcare costs. The 1996 strike is a highlight of the collection.
This collection consists of Barnard College Dean's and President's Reports. They include an overview of recent and planned developments at the college, as well as summaries of problems and proposals.
Dianne Smith (born 1965) is a contemporary artist working from Harlem, New York. The contents of the Dianne Smith Papers include her art making and art practice materials, her teaching materials, personal and family documents, and photographs.
This collection consists of materials from the Barnard College Education Confrontation Club.
This collection consists of materials from the Barnard College Education Department.
This collection consists of the scrapbooks and writings of Barnard College alumna Eleanore Myers Jewett.
These records document the implementation, development, refinement, evaluation, and administration of the Freshman Seminar Program.
The Hawa Tunkara FLI Story Collection contains 25 oral histories from first-generation and/or low-income students and alums of Barnard College and Columbia University during the years of 2020-2021.
This collection consists of materials from the Institute for Urban Education.
This collections contains inclusions from kathryn L heavey's scrapbook from her time at Barnard College.
The Margaret Holland Papers includes correspondence, handbooks, publications, and clippings from Margaret Holland's time as Barnard College's Physical Education Department Chair and materials from after her retirement.
Marion Shaycoft (1917-2014, Barnard class of 1938) was an education researcher from Brooklyn, New York who specialized in testing, statistics, and sampling. The contents of the Marion Shaycoft Papers include academic records, personal history materials, and sample test forms that she designed.
This collection consists of materials relating to both the Physical Education Department and the extracurricular Athletics Association organization. Materials include reports, calendars of events, class lists, physical exam results, Athletic Association handbooks and minutes, rules, team lists, and gym costumes.
- Subject: Education X
- Barnard College 10
- Education 6
- Barnard College -- Alumni and alumnae 4
- Universities and colleges -- Departments 4
- Correspondence 3
- Feminism 3
- Physical education for women 3
- Women's colleges -- New York (State) -- New York 3
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome 2
- Adult education of women 2
- African American women 2
- Anti-racism 2
- Art 2
- Career development 2
- College publications 2
- College sports 2
- Discrimination 2
- Human rights 2
- Intimate partner violence 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing -- United States 2
- Labor unions and education 2
- Physical education and training 2
- Pregnancy 2
- Race 2
- Reproductive rights -- United States 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Second-wave feminism 2
- Social justice 2
- Student activities 2
- Teaching 2
- Third-wave feminism 2
- Women -- Employment 2
- Women college students 2
- Women health and hygiene 2
- Women's studies 2
- Abortion -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Adult education of women -- United States 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African American educators 1
- African American women educators 1
- Aging 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anti-apartheid movements 1
- Apartheid 1
- Art museums 1
- Art practice 1
- Art, Black 1
- Artists' Materials 1
- Barnard College -- Employees 1
- Barnard College -- Faculty 1
- Barnard College -- History 1
- Birth control 1
- Capitalism -- United States 1
- Caribbean Americans 1
- Cities and towns 1
- Class 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College Students 1
- College administrators 1
- College freshman 1
- College presidents 1
- College student government 1
- College theater -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Contemporary artist 1
- Counseling 1
- Curriculum planning 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Direct action 1
- Drug addicts 1
- Economics 1
- Economics--Sociological aspects 1
- Education in art 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Education, Humanistic 1
- Educators 1
- Ephemera 1
- Feminist theory 1
- First-generation college students 1
- French 1
- Gays 1
- Government agencies 1
- Handbooks, manuals, etc 1
- Health education of women 1
- Incarceration 1
- Indigenous women 1
- International Women's Year, 1975 1
- Intramural sports 1
- Labor 1
- Labor movement 1
- Law 1
- Lesbians 1
- Libraries 1
- Literature 1
- Low-income college students 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Marriage 1
- Medical care 1
- Mental health 1
- Newsletters 1
- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1 ∧ less
- Barnard College 4
- Barnard Center for Research on Women. 1
- Barnard College. Athletic Association 1
- Barnard College. Education Confrontation Club 1
- Barnard College. Physical Education Department 1